Under the direction of the Commissioner of Public Works, manages the Business Office operations and staff for the Department of Public Works. Oversees and maintains the departmental budget across all divisions.
- Manages all financial operations for the department.
- Responsible for managing the operating budget, state funding, grant budgets, and capital budgets.
- Supervises all department finance staff including: Accounts Payable, Utility Billing, and Payroll.
- Approves and authorizes all procurement, payables, payroll, and financial activity for the department.
- Work closely with operations management to track and oversee operating/project budgets and to ensure sound business practices department-wide.
- Conduct sensitivity analysis, revenue forecasting, and rate restructuring of three enterprise funds.
- Performs budget and account information analysis for the Commissioner, Comptroller, and Mayor’s Office.
- Manages the preparation, administration, and renewal of various miscellaneous grants from the state and federal agencies.
- Reports on the financial status of large capital projects by the department.
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and performance analysis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Commissioner of Public Works.
- A strong desire to overcome challenges, mentor others, and create innovative processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, or related field. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory, business operations, and financial experience. Must possess excellent public relations and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Advanced abilities with Microsoft Excel. A skills test may be administered during the interview process. Experience with Munis a plus.
- Strong Presentation and Communication skills
- City Retirement (Mandatory)
- 457 Deferred Compensation plans
- Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health insurance
- Metro Credit Union
- Tuition Reimbursement