Applegreen Finance Manager
Applegreen is in a rapid growth phase and is seeking to onboard a temporary to permanent Regional Finance Manager who will be responsible for the delivery of accurate financial information in relation to the Applegreen property and cash portfolio. This role will form a core component of the Finance team and reports to the Corporate Financial Controller. It is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to lead a team within Finance as it evolves during this rapid time of change within the company. The successful candidate will be a confident people person who can fit into Applegreen seamlessly and adopt a hands-on approach to their role.
As Applegreen expands, the responsibilities will evolve and change over time. The core responsibilities will center around the following areas:
- Adopt a hands-on approach to month end accounting including:
- Being a finance partner to work with non-finance department managers to review monthly actual vs budget
- Analyze monthly financial information and investigate variances
- Aid in preparation of monthly consolidated accounts
- Aid in preparation of presentations for monthly Senior Management Meetings and Board Meetings
- Review of reconciliations prepared by our shared service partners.
- Monthly balance sheet review and reconciliations.
- Preparation of audit files and liaise with auditors.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for group and subsidiaries.
- Review technical standards to ensure compliance.
- Prepare technical papers for new aspects of the business with recommendations on how to account for transactions.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Collaboration with IT department to develop / improve functionality.
- Aid in the process improvement required.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
The Candidate should have the following:
Qualifications, experience & skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CMA/MBA preferred (or in pursuit of designation)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel in particular)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Preferably over GL Accounting functions (AP, AR, Daily Sales, Bank Recs, B/S Acct Recs)
- Experience with managing both professional and clerical employees
- Understand basic accounting procedures and principles
- GL Accounting and Month-End Close experience
- Experience with streamlining processes
Additional Key Skills & Attributes:
- A dynamic individual who adapts well to change and can thrive in a rapidly growing organization that continues to evolve.
- Proven track record of delivering to tight deadlines.
- A highly organized individual with ability to plan and prioritize workloads effectively for maximum impact and adapt around changing priorities as required.
- A strategic thinker who also executes directly at high quality and pace.
- Excellent drive, enthusiasm and commitment and a keen interest in developing a career in Applegreen.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a positive solution focused mindset.
- A strong focus on modern finance and achieving best practice.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability to interpret and challenge data and to interrogate financial systems.
- Has strong commercial acumen and a focus on delivering value to the business.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to engage and develop relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- A self-starter who is also able to work collaboratively as a member of a highly interdependent team across many parts of Applegreen.
- Is resilient and calm under pressure.
- Has sound judgement and objective logical decision-making skills.
- Has strong leadership potential and management skills, who will be a role model for the people and culture at Applegreen.
- Willing to travel ad hoc if required.
Established in 1992, Applegreen is a convenience food and beverage retailer and operator of gas stations, fast food operators and road service areas with a major presence in the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the USA.
The Group offers a distinctive convenience retail offering with three key elements:
- A “low fuel prices, always” price promise to drive footfall to the stores;
- A “Better Value Always” tailored retail offer; and
- A strong food and beverage focus aiming to offer premium products and service to the customer.