- This position will act as business partner with Cepheid Finance and functional business teams to represent Finance with workforce management efforts, including headcount and forecasted “to be hired” reporting, lead relevant Finance business process improvement, planning systems maintenance and data integrity.
- Independently analyze and understand detailed financial ratios and statistics of employee costs and trends, understand Danaher employee benefit cost cross-charges, develop and propose U.S. employee benefits, taxes, and other rates used for compensation & benefits budgets/forecasts. Work with International Finance to consolidate / maintain country specific benefit/tax rates.
- Lead the update and maintenance of IT, Facilities & other expense allocations and OneStream expense drivers, including allocation planning / forecasting rates and OneStream driver assumption updates.
- Publish monthly and quarterly standard business performance reports, statistics, and ad hoc analysis.
- Support FP&A teams and conduct ad hoc FP&A responsibilities, such as, opex, capex, and headcount forecasting, reporting, analysis, and financial modeling, as needed.
- The role partners with the business to support sound business decisions by providing insightful financial analysis, accurate forecasting / planning, and financial recommendations.
- Understand and apply standard accounting principles and policies; interact with global accounting and financial partners to maintain proper financial processes, procedures and controls.
- Drive cross-functional projects designed to solve business problems and improve efficiency.
- The owner of this role brings business and analytical acumen to focus on efficiencies and continual business process-improvement, including automation and systematic process solutions.
- A successful candidate can work independently, executes with a high sense of integrity, good communication skills, great attention to detail and a proven ability to work with business partners and team members.
- Interact with the broader FP&A and Accounting community in support of continuous process improvements including business systems and process improvement projects.
Education and Experience (in years):
- B.S. degree in finance, accounting, economics or equivalent. CPA/MBA a plus.
- 5 years of related work experience and 3-5 years of financial planning and analysis experience
- Goal/results-oriented team player with demonstrated success working cross-functionally.
- Strong communication and partnership skills, with ability to build and convey business insight.
- Energetic, dynamic individual with “hands on” mentality
- Self-starter with ability to simultaneously think strategically while placing high attention to details.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls.
- Advanced user in MS Excel, experience in SAP and BPC/OneStream preferred.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.