American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
Corporate Operations provide a wide range of services to the organization such as finance, internal audit, communications, security and human resources.
At AIG, people are our most valued asset, the primary source of our competitive advantage and the foundation for everything we do. HR partners with business leaders to recruit, develop and retain top talent. We position our employees to reach their full potential by providing them with the tools and opportunities to develop their career while maintaining a work/life balance. HR supports a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters a sense of belonging and encourages our employees to be themselves in the workplace.
The Global Corporate Citizenship team promotes charitable giving through a variety of programs, including volunteer time off and a generous matching grants program. The team is also responsible for all aspects of the AIG Foundation. For additional information about AIG’s Citizenship activities, please see our Corporate Responsibility page on aig.com .
About the role
What you need to know:
- Responsible for overseeing various financial activities that flow through the Global Corporate Citizenship (GCC) function and the AIG Foundation (including but not limited to invoice processing, purchase orders, vendor setups, etc.).
- Point person for all financial strategy development as it relates to finance, Citizenship and the AIG Foundation.
- Main point of contact for all financial reporting, data analysis and ad-hoc requests for information related to Corporate Contributions & the AIG Foundation.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial information for internal stakeholders including budgets, forecasts, accruals, expense tracking, etc.
- Lead yearly budgeting process, including review of all financial plans/budgets as project lead for centralization and integration into the formal review process.
- Conduct weekly due diligence review of charitable giving requests from across the company to ensure adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Responsible for managing the annual tax return filing (990-PF) with external accountants & overseeing annual insurance renewals in partnership with corporate insurance team.
- Responsible for developing & documenting the financial processes of the AIG Foundation and the Employee Assistance Fund (including but not limited to banking, funding, payments, financial reporting, tracking, endowment, etc.).
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of finance/accounting experience, specifically in non-profit accounting and reporting.
- MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing all aspects of budgeting and financial processes in a decentralized enterprise.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in improving existing processes and developing strategies while navigating a changing environment.
- Excellent financial reporting skills.
- Experience with SAP enterprise system.
- Experience with Blackbaud or giving system equivalent – reporting, system improvements and vendor management.
- Experience in policy development and management of policy use/enforcement.
- Ability to disseminate information about and respond to all financial inquiries regarding Global Corporate Citizenship initiatives, partnerships and guidelines.
- Candidate should have experience in corporate Citizenship and philanthropy.
- Proactive, quick-learner, problem-solver, comfortable with team work/collaboration and able to foster cross functional relationships.
- Candidate must be interested and willing to participate in projects that are beyond a traditional Finance role. This role is an excellent opportunity for a Finance expert to also become immersed in and manage Citizenship activities, programs, projects and/or partners.
- Candidate must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with AIG Community Leaders and external partners.
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the Volunteer Time Off Program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
FA – Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Employee Services, Inc.