Full Job Description
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
The Finance Manager (FM) is responsible for all aspects of financial reporting and accounting processes with robust internal controls in accordance with GAAP and IDEX policy. The FM has full P&L and Balance Sheet responsibility for the Albuquerque plant and manages a team of direct reports covering general ledger and cost accounting tasks. Financial Planning & Analysis is also a key component of this position, including but not limited to the budgeting process, commercial analytics, net working capital management, and profit walk analytics. As an integral member of the Senior Leadership team, the FM is also expected to act as a business partner and assist in strategic planning and executing profitable growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with General Manager and Senior Leadership Team in developing short and long-term objectives to accelerate profitable growth. Evaluate strategic options in regards to resource deployment, capital investments, and growth opportunities through sound data and analytics.
- Lead the preparation and coordination of all financial reporting. Submit accurate and on-time deliverables as required by IDEX on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Own monthly forecast and annual budgeting process for Income Statement and Balance Sheet. Conduct detailed variance analysis on key metrics against budget and/or prior year performance and drive corrective actions as needed.
- Perform profit walks analytics on selling price realization, commercial mix, sourcing savings, productivity, and inflation to ensure gross margin expansion and year over year profit improvement. Conduct other financial analysis as needed, including but not limited to commercial trends, operational metrics, and net working capital management.
- Maintain robust internal controls in accordance with GAAP and IDEX policy. Review internal processes on an on-going basis to identify opportunities for improvement and implement best practices.
- Oversee all general accounting tasks, including but not limited to payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables, fixed assets, prepaid, sales and use tax, and accruals.
- Manage standard costing and inventory controls, including but not limited to physical inventory counts, inventory reserves, annual labor & overhead study and standard cost roll.
- Partner with Operations to identify and execute productivity projects. Validate savings and understand / isolate impact on financial statements.
- Drive working capital improvements in accounts receivable, accounts payable, and inventory to increase free cash flow.
- Responsible for recruiting, motivating, retaining and developing top talent through effective hiring, coaching, development and mentoring.
- Any other tasks and analyses requested by Finance Director and/or General Manager.
Education / Experience:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance and MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting and/or finance experience; experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience driving improvements in internal controls.
- Strong PC skills and experience with ERP systems.
- High proficiency in Hyperion.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Consistently operates at the highest level of integrity and is never willing to compromise with regards to ethical standards.
Success in this position requires the ability to build a strong partnership with the Finance Manager and General Manager, and frequent communication with peers and management. These relationships must be built on respect, integrity, cooperation, teamwork and professionalism.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization
- Clear, precise communication skills
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Operations and commercial literacy
- Strong Controllership focus
- Ability to deliver accurate and detailed reports in a timely manner
- Ability to drive accounting processes
- Ability to make tough calls
- Project Leadership skills
- Detail and Process oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Strong sense of urgency and follow up skills
This position may require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship, US Permanent Resident or ability to meet contract-specific licensure requirements.
Reporting and Location:
This position is based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and reports to the Platform Finance Vice President.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).