Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
The Global Tools & Storage (GTS) division of SBD, which drives $10B of the total $14B business, is currently seeking a Finance Manager to join the Operations Finance team. The role offers significant exposure across the LAG organization and extensive access to the senior leadership team. In this role you will support LAG operations specifically also working aligned to the Global Operations COE, and critically in a business partnership role to the LAG operations leadership
Who We’re Looking For:
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with positive energy, solid organizational skills and demonstrated process improvement and problem-solving capabilities. The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly dynamic, time sensitive, collaborative environment while having the ability to multi-task while exercising independent judgment and discretion.
This position will report to the Global Operations Finance Director
It is expected that the candidate will have the following qualities:
- Ability to converse fully in Spanish
- The ability to work as part of a global team but owning a region
- The ability to provide clear and concise information to both the business partners and the global operations finance team
- An understanding of what operations are, typically how an operation works and how this has connectivity to the financial numbers generated, there-fore how to work with leadership to influence these numbers
- Strong analytical skills supported by good common sense
- The ability to educate where required business partners, this role is not a data supply role, but a true working in partnership role to drive FCF, OM accretion and correct business decisions
- The ability to challenge and question actions, activities and leadership where appropriate
- Will be of the highest integrity and can clearly demonstrate and align to the SBD core values.
- Business partner to Distribution Function, Regional Transportation and Working Capital
- Owning and driving financial forecasts, plans, solutions and productivity initiative
- Evaluate and Identify continuous measurable improvements
- Develop and drive business critical KPI’s
- Work with all operations teams and business teams to develop and pressure test operational assumptions and operational evolution towards 2022 vision.
- Work closely with Global COE to oversee financial, operational, and functional due diligence
- Understanding and clear articulation of the financial results against expectations
- Participate in developing standard processes in key activity areas, continuously seek to improve processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- An MBA or Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience (finance, accounting, operations)
- Ability to work independently but as part of a global team.
- Knowledge of core financial processes and the connectivity of those to actual operational activities
- Other key competencies include:
- Must be extremely proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to change, and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Professional and positive demeanor and presence
- Ability to think outside of the box for creative solutions and intellectually curious