Position: Finance Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: EVP & Controller
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing all functions relating to the Finance Department. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining department processes and procedures, ensuring accuracy of financial data, including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, revenue distribution and year-end audit preparation. The Finance Manager will collaborate with all departments and levels of management, requiring strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the timely reporting of all financial information to include monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Performs daily and quarterly banking requirements. Audits and distributes positive pay transactions.
- Oversees and manages all audits of finance reporting, identifying discrepancies and making required corrections for accuracy while ensuring compliance and regulatory requirements are met within the organization.
- Ensures the monthly and quarterly bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborates with team members in support of overall goals and objectives.
- Supervises the finance team to ensure all financial deadlines are met.
- Monitors and analyzes department processes and procedures ensuring the highest level of efficiency and resources provided to maintain levels of required accuracy.
- Collaborates with direct reports, establishing performance goals and objectives to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Assists with the implementation of new business as it relates to all finance operations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and critical/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Ability to speak, listen and write effectively.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to perform successfully in highly visible position.
- Experience in the insurance industry a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in finance or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years finance experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Local Candidates Only.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification and has been created to advertise the open position(s). These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. MBA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E)
MERCHANTS BENEFIT ADMINISTRATION