Are you passionate about the most exciting hardware lineup ever produced: Microsoft Surface? Come be a part of Microsoft Devices! The Surface Finance team within Devices Finance is looking for a motivated individual with enthusiasm to take on a high impact role as Senior Finance Manager for Surface FP&A Team.
The Surface Finance team advocates for the Surface business and drives profitable growth by:
- Delivering unit, revenue, gross margin and market share targets
- Providing predictability. Scope risks and opportunities
- Being trusted leaders to our business partners (engaged & insightful)
- The successful candidate will bring a combination of financial and business expertise, leadership, and influence skills to Surface business to drive superior financial results in close alignment with key stakeholders for our fast-growing Surface Commercial business.
- Be part of a collaborative, supportive, and fun team, where we work hard on exciting things and also work hard at having a strong team culture that values diverse perspectives and individuals.
- Understand the business landscape, customer and market trends for Commercial Surface business
- Partner with Finance, Sales and Marketing teams and own end-to-end forecast process for Surface Devices and be a key contributor to Surface P&L Forecast.
- Be a successful business partner for the Commercial Field and HQ finance/business teams, by informing and providing insight through the forecast cycles
- Own health of the business, summarizing performance for key stakeholders as well as external reporting.
- Provide Ad-Hoc reporting to support forecast projections and co-lead our tool simplification efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, math or related field. MBA preferred
- 5+ years related work experience
- Great communication & cross group collaboration skills and strong executive presence, while also paying strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing business drivers and influencing key business decisions.
- Financial analysis & modeling skills. This role requires a hands-on approach and the individual must be comfortable in rolling up his/her sleeves and diving in.
- Business Partnership wtih stakeholders and working in an ambiguous space.
- Show propensity for learning, and demonstrate the ability to identify, analyze, interpret, and deliver sound solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), including an ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Knowledge of the Hardware industry is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.