Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The Microsoft Strategy and Investment Optimization team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
The team’s charter is to build out end to end Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a crucial member of the team you’ll also support long term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of competition. All while enhancing transparency into Cloud Infrastructure investments, safeguarding shareholder interest.
We are looking for Finance Manager supporting our cloud global expansion decisions into new geographies, defining and achieving desired profitability
This role is a great opportunity to:
- Oversee financial leadership and decision support across Microsoft Cloud global expansion decisions
- Drive deal economics and structures with customers/partners towards these decisions
- Effectively collaborate with leaders across functions (engineering, marketing, field, finance) and cross-company
- Deliver quarterly financial and operational review with EG leaders, clearly communicating results and recommendations to senior business leaders.
- Identify and drive accountability around levers needed to achieve desired profitability
Our team values the following set of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics, engineering, math or related field, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant business development / deals economics / finance work experience with clear progression and advancement
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Thorough and detailed oriented, while summarizing analysis to drive broader business context and insight
- Comfortable handling ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at fast pace
- Able to manage multiple work streams and prioritize as needed
- Strong partnering capabilities, collaborative and inclusive when working with others
- Synthesize and communicate analyses; provide insight to senior leaders and business partners
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.