Site Name: USA – Pennsylvania – Philadelphia
Posted Date: Jan 30 2021
Are you energized by a highly visible finance role that allows you to influence senior stakeholders and shape highly effective business partnerships? If so, the Finance Partner for Vaccines could be an excellent opportunity to explore.
As part of the US vaccines finance partnering team, you will partner at management level across the business, driving the strategic business planning and supporting strategy and decision making with critical business insights.
The role will provide you the opportunity to both lead and support key activities to progress your career, including some of the following
- Strategy, Business Planning and Performance Management
- Full P&L understanding and management (Business performance and risk management)
- Understanding of the US market dynamics and customer segments of key brands
- Strategic portfolio analysis, market understanding, brand portfolio analysis and scenario planning, and management
- Product profitability, margin enhancement and ROI optimization
- Partner with the business bringing insight driven influence to the core commercial cycle
- Support, challenge and influence resource allocation optimization
- Support development of a strong finance partnering organization
- Key member of the brand leadership teams
- Lead and assist with management presentations
- Cross functional matrix experience and management
- Work internationally and with our global businesses
Key responsibilities include supporting the US Vaccines Head Finance Partner on the following:
- Strategy, Business Planning & Performance Management
- Work with the brand teams to build P&L forecasts incorporating CCC and ROI
- Lead monthly performance reviews and financial performance of key brands
- Core Commercial Cycle
- Key partner throughout the pre-DRM and DRM process, bringing insight and leading to data driven decision making, underpinned by market and customer understanding
- Pricing Optimization and market dynamics
- Partner across the business and with experts in our Payer Marketing teams to support pricing approval governance
- Understand overall market dynamics, relative market positioning of products against competitors, market access situation and future trends
- Provide recommendations of pricing decisions
- Assess ROI
- Lead investment modelling opportunities to support the business in making investment decisions when opportunities arise
- Lead scenario planning to maximize use of resources
- Margin & Cashflow Enhancement
- be a key player to deliver margin enhancement initiatives through innovative cost control; using internal and external benchmarking (where available) to understand best-in-class cost management
- Support the optimization of controllable SG&A cost
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 5+ years in a Finance Partnering role
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Understanding of vaccines & pharmaceutical Industry, previous international exposure and commercial finance experience
- Experience of working in a business advisory environment and ability to clearly presenting insights and complex financial information in a simple and compelling way to non-finance audiences
- Excellent influencing and engagement. Ability to engage senior stakeholders and challenge based on expertise and personal credibility
- Experience of working in matrix organizations and complex change management projects.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.