Full Job Description
Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career — a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, a Profitability Analyst supports the Enterprise Profitability Team which is housed in Treasury and serves as an internal consulting group with the mission of helping ensure Regions strategies & tactics enhance shareholder value. This mission is accomplished through providing the best financial thinking, analysis, tools and information possible to help facilitate strategic and tactical investment decisioning. The profitability analyst will help develop tools, processes, analysis and analytical frameworks designed to improve and simplify capital deployment decisions within and across Regions’ businesses. Serving as a trusted advisor requires a deep and evolving understanding of both profitability measurement and Regions businesses which entails continuous learning and a relentless drive to help make better investment decisions.
- Prepares widely consumed profitability analysis and reporting to support capital deployment decisions and strategic planning efforts
- Enhances and maintains analytical tools/frameworks that inform pricing strategy for all lending products
- Helps create highly visible profitability presentations for use by all levels of Regions leadership
- Assists in developing capital allocation recommendations among various businesses products strategies
- Analyzes 3rd party loan purchase / sale arrangements to ensure they meet Regions financial objectives
- Develops collaborative and trusting partnerships within finance and across Regions business units
- Mentors and helps develop interns and rotational analysts in the Financial Development Program
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, or related quantitative field
- Three (3) year of experience in Finance, Profitability, or a highly analytical role
- Or a Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, or related quantitative field and 1 year experience
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Basic knowledge of bank profitability and related concepts (e.g. FTP, EL, and Economic Capital)
- Interest in rapid and continuous learning, development, and growth
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts pertaining to profitability measurement and investment evaluation
- Strong quantitative and technical skill set, with strong attention to detail
Skills and Competencies
- Advanced Excel modeling skills (e.g. VBA)
- Basic programming skills (e.g. SQL, Python, or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Verbal, written communication, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
This position may be filled at a higher level depending on the candidate’s qualifications and relevant experience
Position Type Full time
Location Details Regions Center – Birmingham
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans