Finance Senior Analyst
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we’re always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
About the Customer and Revenue Finance Team
The team has a mission to provide financial decision support to executive management that informs key decisions related to the profitability and financial health of the company, particularly in the areas of: Sales, Marketing, Customer Care, and Commercial Solutions.
The Senior Financial Analyst supports the goal of the Customer and Revenue Finance Team by utilizing a combination of these disciplines: forecasting, budgeting, reporting and analysis. Our analysts are then able to partner with business leaders to understand their needs, quantify the impact of decisions, and articulate a recommendation to executive management. This person should understand accounting policies. The Senior Financial Analyst role gets exposure to the entire global P&L and is expected to gain an understanding of the internal/external operations of the business. For the ideal candidate, this provides an optimal variety of both system and business knowledge.
- Supports the annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and monthly reporting of: expenses, headcount, bookings and churn metrics
- Business support to critical sales leaders to prepare and manage their budgets and headcount
- Coordinates with regional Customer and Revenue Finance teams in the Americas, Europe and Asia
- Exposure to several currencies and international complexities across Equinix’s 52 metros and 200 data centers
- Works both independently and with the team to create, modify, and update a suite of company metric reports and dashboards to identify trends and key drivers of the business
- Determines the best source for data, ad hoc reports and analysis, and presents a summary of findings to management
- Ability to create financial models for scenario analysis regarding potential business decisions
- Ability to pool data from multiple sources, filter through the data, analyze the results, and consolidate into a brief report with recommended action items
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- 3+ years budgeting, financial analysis, spreadsheet modeling, and database reporting experience, 5 yrs preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently and in groups
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Working knowledge of Hyperion and Oracle BI software packages preferred
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.