Vineyard Wind offers a challenging and exciting work environment and is revolutionizing the renewable energy industry in the United States. Join the team permitting, designing, and constructing the first large-scale offshore wind project in the US, and one of the largest in the world. At 800MW, this project will power over 400,000 homes in Massachusetts. Vineyard Wind is committed to protecting marine life, working alongside the thriving New England fishing industry, and being responsible partners in the community. We are building a new industry for the East Coast, and providing clean and affordable energy that is sustainable for years to come. With strong and experienced investors backing the company, and a large leasehold for more projects, Vineyard Wind is an ideal company with which to launch a career in offshore wind.
Vineyard Wind is looking for an experienced Analyst to join the Finance and Treasury team to support the Financing, Treasury/Cash Management, and Insurance processes of Vineyard Wind projects. This position reports directly to the CFO. This person is expected to understand the financial markets and have proven experience in Project Finance transactions.
- Work closely with CFO and sponsors on financing process.
- Support preparation of information memorandum and marketing materials in preparation for financial close.
- Support business case team on maintaining and updating the financial model.
- Help coordinate all financing workstreams and associated timetable(s) through to financial close.
- Setup and maintain the data room related to the financing due diligence process.
- Coordinate QA between Project and Lenders/Tax Equity investors/Independent Engineer/Insurance underwriters.
- Assist with the collation and fulfillment of Conditions Precedent to achieve Financial Close. Ensure that banking requirements are met during the financing process.
- Support the negotiation of loan documentation and the due diligence within the project team.
- Support the financing strategy of Vineyard Wind before and after financial close.
- Work closely with the management team and support the preparation of key decision materials for the Board of Directors and sponsors related to the financing.
- Coordinate project loan disbursements, interest payments, and amortizations post-FC.
- Support covenants requirements.
- Prepare financial reports and presentations as required by management, sponsors, lenders and tax equity investors.
Treasury, Cash Management, Financial Assurance, and Other Tasks
- Support Treasury management with budget, forecasting, actual data, and liquidity.
- Perform daily cash management process.
- Manage bank accounts.
- Support financial risk management at project level. Ensure compliance with the financial risk policies of the company and sponsors.
- Help manage the issuance and tracking of collateral requirements such as guarantees and letters of credit.
- Present project-level collateral requests to sponsors internal committees for approval.
- Support the negotiation of hedge documentation, ISDAs.
- FX and IR hedge management and execution.
- Support insurance management at project level to
- ensure compliance with the insurance policies of the company and sponsors
- ensure timely and appropriate insurance policies are put in place
- Coordinate internal workstreams to provide agent with project information and data and troubleshoot internal insurance-related issues.
- Degree in finance or accounting; MBA or other advanced degrees in quantitative fields preferred but not required
- At least three years experience in project finance transactions
- Energy industry experience preferred, renewable energy industry experience desirable
- Ability to comprehend legal documents
- Superior quantitative skills
- Solid attention to detail
- Leadership skills in a team environment
- The Location: This position is based in Boston, MA.
Why Should You Apply?
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to make a major impact on the success of our company. Additionally, we offer generous benefits, flexible schedules, and the opportunity to become part of a growing industry in the United States. Vineyard Wind Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other protected classes.
How to Apply
Provide the information requested below to submit your resume for consideration.