Participates in the financial reporting and analysis function for the Company. Provides direct support for the monthly production of financial information on GAAP and statutory accounting bases. Provides support related to other accounting functions as needed.
- Preparation and analysis of various financial information.
- Preparation and production of internal monthly financial reports and various other financial reporting deliverables.
- Work closely with all team members, other departments and affiliates to ensure financial information is presented accurately.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess knowledge of accounting requirements.
- Must be flexible, deadline-focused, and have the ability to prioritize and simultaneously oversee multiple tasks.
- Must possess the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- This position requires strong organization skills, independent thought, strong problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with associates at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to meet job requirements with a positive and productive attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Master’s Degree MBA preferred.
- 2+ years financial reporting experience required.
- Insurance or financial services experience preferred.
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Jackson is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. The Company subscribes to and endorses federal and state laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, legally-recognized disability, marital status, legally-protected medical condition, citizenship, ancestry, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other factor not related to the needs of the job. The Company is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Company facilities and campuses are tobacco-free environments.