SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Financial Accounting Analyst
This position can sit anywhere with one hour of an Anthem office
Responsible for supporting all month-close functions, including closing, analysis, reporting as well as providing project leadership.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews and prepares interpretation of accounting transactions and results.
- Prepares financial, business and process presentations.
- Identifies complex accounting problems or issues related to workflow processes, researches solutions, and implements corrective steps to achieve higher level of operational efficiency.
- Coordinates, manages and leads complex projects and processes.
- Requires BA/BS in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 3 years accounting experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred.
- Previous work experience with month end close processes, account reconciliation and statutory accounting principles preferred.
- ASC842, IFRS16,ASC606 and/or lease accounting background preferred.
- Technical analysis of contracts and data associated with commercial real estate.
- Work closely with real estate vendor on analysis and problem resolution.
- Ability to prepare data for SOX controls to be met.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $ 58,800- 73,500
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
- The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions