The Financial Analysis Lead Analyst provides advanced professional input to complex Financial Analysis assignments/projects. The Financial Analysis Lead Analysis will also be responsible for analysis and interpretation of complex financial information. Utilizing independent judgment and discretion, the Financial Analysis Lead Analyst identifies trends, variances, and key issues and provides recommendations for adjustments. As a Financial Analysis Lead Analyst, you will be responsible for conducting moderate to complex financial analysis projects and/or reporting. In addition, you will help develop and QA reports and recommend improvements in financial reporting systems. May conduct audits to ensure data controls are maintained. May design, enhance and maintain system applications for processing and reporting financial information. Works autonomously, only requiring “expert” level technical support from others. Exercises judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of both standard and complex techniques and procedures. Utilizes in-depth professional knowledge and acumen to develop models and procedures, and monitor trends, within Financial Analysis.
- Extract, analyze, validate, and communicate intelligence from large sets of data
- Develop new analytic resources and views of data from in-depth analysis and understanding
- Assist with internal and external audit request
- Develop, help maintain, and troubleshoot complex internal MS Excel spreadsheets and R scripts
- Assist with Ad-Hoc request
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
- 2 + years in a finance, accounting or highly analytical position
- Experience in healthcare / insurance industry preferred
- Technical knowledge of relational database concepts, querying, data warehouses and decision support tools, including but not limited to: SQL, Excel, and R
- Ability to utilize independent judgment and discretion, identify variances, and recommend solutions
- Experience in a highly regulated business environment
- Ability to communicate results of analytics to a multitude of individuals/groups
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A self-motivated team player who thrives on challenges, is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and is ready for development within our Company
- Innovative and strong desire to learn
- MBA a plus
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.