Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and
decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
This Financial Analyst position plays a critical role in achieving our overall objective of delivering best-in-class business partner support and analysis. The Corporate Operations FP&A team provide the Corporate Operations functions (HR, Finance, Legal, IT and Facilities) with critical information and analysis to enable business partners to allocate company resources in the most effective manner possible. The members of the Corporate Operations FP&A team are closely integrated in our business partners’ operations to ensure they can provide the most valuable insights possible. This is therefore a highly visible role that frequently interacts with executive management as part of setting budgets, forecasting, and reporting on actuals and the many interesting facility related projects we are working on.
This role offers an opportunity to develop foundational FP&A processes and hone reporting and dashboarding skills. This role will allow you to work with a small, agile, and high performing finance department to develop a broad and deep understanding of the Company’s business and operations that are essential for strong career development.
At Intuitive Surgical, you will share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class Managers and Executive Leadership. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking.
We are looking for leaders that can take on additional responsibility as they progress in their career and we are committed to providing an environment that foster career growth and development. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of our interesting journey in the world of robotic-assisted surgery, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
This Financial Analyst, Corporate Operations role is responsible for developing core FP&A reporting infrastructure to enable efficient and impactful business partner and financial leadership read outs. This will include extensive Tableau dashboard development, standardized presentation templates and helping maintain the group’s financial reporting structure. Analyst will also support various FP&A analytic/financial projects with data needed to drive decision making and improve financial results.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with team of analysts in Corporate FP&A to develop tools and reports that drive efficiency and deliver results.
- Generate ideas for process improvements and implement process changes, as necessary.
- Develop, analyze, and report on key metrics that highlight operating efficiency.
- Perform analytical tasks in support of key initiatives including completing project ROI analyses
- Assist in the maintenance of financial hierarchy and headcount reporting to improve quality, detail and accuracy of system generated reports while minimizing manual data processing
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a highly analytical role;
- Quick learner and ability to drive successful results with limited supervision;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or related field;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and to partner across multiple functions;
- Advanced MS Excel and data analysis skills;
- Experience with financial systems and analytical tools such as SAP (ERP), Hyperion and Tableau are preferred;
- Intellectual curiosity and self-motivated;
- Fast and high quality execution;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- MBA and/or CPA are a plus.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.