Full Job Description
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH currently has an opportunity for a Financial Analyst. This site is Abbott’s oldest nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
This role will oversee aspects of the Abbott Nutrition Columbus Plant financials, including performing journal entries, forecasting, variance analysis and ad-hoc analytics as required by Management. The Financial Analyst will play a critical role in monthly actuals and LBE forecasting processes interacting with both Finance Management as well as cross-functional stakeholders across the Columbus Plant and North American Manufacturing organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for financial planning, reporting and analysis
- Prepare financial plans and forecasts based on performance expectations
- Support the development of standard product costing, after proper verification of routings, bills of materials and components costs, including review for reasonableness. Prepare cost estimates as required.
- Gather and publish financial information related to historical, current, and future performance
- Performs financial analysis utilizing appropriate financial concepts and techniques
- Recommend alternative courses of action
- Develop detailed financial forecasts incorporating historic, trended and current business information
- Monitor functional and departmental spending versus budget by highlighting material variances using system generated detail and trend reports
- Prepare journal entries and assist in month end close as needed to ensure proper accounting
- Prepare and distribute financial reports and packages by gathering and analyzing information related to current performance
- Develop and utilize sound financial processes
- Demonstrate basic project management skills by acting as a project lead on small, well defined projects (as needed)
- Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management
- Plan, organize, and prioritize own daily work routine to meet established schedule
- Exercise authority and judgment within defined limits to determine appropriate action
- Receives limited supervision on standard issues, and detailed instructions on new assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
4 years or more of combined experience in financial planning and analysis
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, as well as an ability to effectively manage workload to ensure deadlines are not missed
Highly motivated and have a desire to innovate and create new ways of looking at things
- CPA certification
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity