Full Job Description
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
- 3+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field
Amazon’s “Last Mile” delivery service is responsible for delivering packages (and smiles) to households/businesses across the planet. Our finance team closely partners to support this rapidly expanding business while building a portfolio of delivery stations, vans, and technology to deliver customers’ packages on time – often next day, sometimes faster. We augment our traditional “deliver by van” with other models including Amazon Flex (gig economy drivers), Amazon Lockers, and more – all designed to deliver smiles to our customers. You will make history as you help build one of the largest carriers on the planet.
AMZL Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to partner with Last Mile Delivery Service Partner (DSP) Products teams to enhance the experience and productivity of DSPs and Delivery Associates globally. AMZL offers opportunities to grow your career as you engage on one of the many facets of this world-class delivery service. From here, you will have the opportunity to rotate to other functional areas or roles across Amazon’s portfolio of businesses.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following abilities: they influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with senior leaders and various business units across Amazon. You bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
- Deliver weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Output plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Collect and analyze quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
- Identify opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improve, scale, or simplify finance tools across teams and organizations.
- Create effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
- Participate in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- MBA or MS in Finance, Economics or a related field
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced use of SQL (data mining and business intelligence)
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.