The Financial Analyst–Operations Finance position is a wide-ranging opportunity for a budding finance professional to gain broad experience across a host of operational FP&A disciplines in a hyper-growth environment. Reporting to the Director of Finance, Operations Strategy, you will develop insightful analytical modeling and reporting that will directly influence manufacturing and operational decision making with regards to global capacity expansion and operational and supply chain initiatives. Based on your interest as well as the functional needs of the organization, within one year you should expect to transition to a challenging and impactful role in a discipline within Global Operations Finance such as Cost Accounting, Inventory Management, FP&A and Consolidations or Business Support and Strategic Planning. Through these assignments you will develop a strong understanding of Cepheid’s Global Operations, as well as our products, technology, markets, customers, organizational structure and strategy; and will get hands-on experience developing financial models, establishing business partnerships, and developing critical foundational elements of a strong business acumen.
An ambitious and self-starter, this role will bring someone eager to learn, grow and develop into an associate with an in-depth knowledge of Cepheid along with a strong business acumen, analytical power, and a results driven mind set.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply an analytical focus to Cepheid’s operational results and communicate this analysis through reports or presentations that help explain performance and guide action plans and planning decisions.Examples include variance analysis, reviews of key performance indicators, working capital and capex initiatives.
- Gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for capital and working capital investments to support proposed initiatives and operational and business strategy.
- Familiarize yourself with current systems, processes and cadences related to closing, forecasting and reporting cycles.
- Support improvements to existing accounting, reporting and budget processes through the utilization of new systems, tools and techniques.
- Help create finance process documentation, training guides and resources.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis requested by Executive management and department leaders as needed to support the business.
- Participate in the monthly and annual forecasting and budgeting process
- Assist in modeling capacity expansion and impact on forecasted financials
- Project reporting and tracking of CAPEX and capacity expansion initiatives
- ROI analytics and cost comparisons related to capacity and capital investments
Education and Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or related area required. MBA a plus.
- Two years relevant work experience as a financial analyst or similar role required.
Knowledge and skills:
- Proficient data analysis skillset and prior experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses using database and financial reporting tools.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups) and strong systems acumen with preference toward SAP, BPC and/or BI
- Highly analytical and detail oriented, with the ability to develop new ideas into effective end results.
- Self-motivated and comfortable managing shifting priorities, achieving effective results within tight deadlines, and working across diverse & fast-paced assignments.
- Interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Logical problem-solving skills and willingness to learn.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.