Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a manufacturer of heavy-duty, zero-emissions engines for mobility applications. With facilities located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera provides clean, safe, and efficient products designed to meet the rigorous needs of industrial vehicles and other transportation markets.
Nuvera is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 7,600 people worldwide.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team. To provide strong analytical support for Nuvera’s planning, forecasting and financial analysis activities. Conduct variance analysis and communicate to key personnel in timely manner to effectively and profitably manage the operations. Work with the Finance Team and Division Managers to gain and report business insights to senior management. Ensure compliance with proper accounting guidelines and best practices for business case analysis.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Reporting & Analysis;
Provide variance analysis and commentary to support mgmt. reviews. Work with dept managers to gain and convey insight on spending and forecasts to ensure we meet financial targets. Work with Americas division & mfg team to address sales & volume metrics.
Support development of the annual operating plan, CAPEX plan, short-term forecasts and long-range business plan.
Review and facilitate capital appropriations through approval process, with focus on evaluating financial justifications. Update reporting, resolve open issues and coordinate with accounting team to ensure policies and procedures are being followed. Support capital audits and ad hoc requests.
Prepare month end closing schedules (i.e. EOC) and support 3-day closing cycle through review & preparation of accruals and some balance sheet accounts (reserves)
Areas of support include Cost reduction program, Harmonized reporting (SAP/BW/Excel) and deep dives into cost drivers (manufacturing costs, E&O, warranty, etc.)
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications (unless otherwise noted):
Four-year college degree with major in Accounting or Finance. MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred, 5+ years equivalent experience
Previous Work Experience
- 5+ years related work experience. Responsibility for or exposure to P&L and Balance Sheet management
- 5+ years supporting cross functional/dynamic business environment
- Previous work experience dealing with investments, business case analysis and supporting executive level decision making
Special Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of Finance & Accounting theories and application
- Solid understanding of financial statements and accounting standards/concepts
- Strong business partnering and team-working skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to synthesize information into a business model.
- Ability to extract the required information from the accounting business systems, even where existing reports are insufficient
- Ability to define problem, propose solutions and implement process improvements.