The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing financial support to department management, Hospital and Medical Administration, and other users of financial data. Support ranges from analysis of multi-million dollar capital improvement projects to determining the cause of individual account variances.
Financial Analysts and Financial Analyst Senior perform the same duties and have the same responsibilities but are differentiated by level of applicable experience and ability to perform increasingly independent of supervision.
1. Prepare departmental operating and/or capital budgets.
2. Perform economic analyses related to the acquisition of equipment, establishing new programs, or determining rates for new products.
3. Analyze departmental financial reports and departmental salary expenses as required to approve the filling of new positions and other changes in organization.
4. Produce variance analyses of varying types, including those that analyze revenue, statistics, expenses, and headcounts.
5. Provide department managers and administrators aid in understanding financial reports, especially those that contain variance information.
6. Assist the Budget Coordinator in developing and implementing operating budget programs by making suggestions for improvement.
A. Education / Training:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
Preferred: MBA or MHA track
B. Work Experience :
1-2 years of related experience.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration :
Preferred: CPA or CMA track