Red Robin is taking extra measures to keep our Team Members safe during this time.
We have enhanced our cleaning and disinfectant standards (Our restaurants are extra squeaky clean!), practice social distancing (every shift, every role), and require Team Members to wear face masks.
Our health policy ensures that Team Members can take the time they need to be well.
We are ramping up opening our dining rooms and are staying plenty busy with to-go and catering.
Apply today to join our team to help Guests build everlasting memories, around their tables and ours!
Financial Analyst – Business Analytics
The Financial Analyst – Business Analytics is responsible for pricing/sales/marketing analytics, report analysis, forecasting, and financial modeling in support of our Finance, Marketing, Product Category, Operations, and Supply Chain functions. As a critical partner to the cross-functional teams, this position will serve as the finance point of contact for traffic-driving initiatives, pricing/menu optimizations, business key drivers’ analysis, new product/innovation incrementality, and Red Robin Royalty program analytics.
This key role will include developing executive dashboards, performance metrics (KPIs), regression models, simulation models, optimization models, and other analytical models/reports. The financial analyst will be a pro-active business partner with department heads to ensure decision-making drives business results through sound assessments and strategic insights. The Financial Analyst candidate will have proven ability to manage and integrate different data sources, tools, processes, and systems for other areas (Product Category, Marketing, Finance) and ensure effective deployment of this intelligence into the business.
1. As a key member of the Menu & Marketing Team, analyze enterprise pricing strategy and provide pricing recommendations based on cost inflation, relative competitive pricing activity, and consumer elasticity. Analyze pricing actions to understand consumer trade behavior that might impact pricing flow-through. Provide regular updates to Menu & Marketing Team and Executive team on overall program pricing both internally and competitively. Provide costing and pricing of new food items.
2. Supports the Marketing Teams from a conceptual, analytical and financial perspective by providing regular and ad-hoc analysis and recommendations on marketing campaigns by:
Being a subject matter expert who develops and presents recommendations from accurate assessments and/or analysis
Providing solutions and designs to solve process, project or program issues; providing recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness
Driving detailed post-event analysis of marketing campaigns and segmentation
Delivering data-driven insights related to increasing sales, margin, profit, and customer loyalty
Recommending and designing test to improve efficiency or effectiveness of future campaigns; Presenting key findings and program results to the team
Providing marketing promotional/program offer recommendations based on analysis and business needs
Working with external vendors to develop comprehensive analysis on various marketing program results
3. Responsible for creating analytical models in Excel or other testing software (such as APT) to analyze Hypothesis Tests, A/B tests, and other tests.
4. As a key partner to the Loyalty & Retention Marketing Team, analyze program profitability and base reward structure as well provide on-going analysis of segmented rewards based on loyalty program member visit/purchase behavior. In addition, work with the Loyalty & Retention Marketing team to enhance loyalty program by refining customer segmentation and retention strategies to ensure continued customer engagement. Provide regular updates to the Loyalty Team and Executive team on overall program performance.
5. Design new and improve existing analytics dashboards, reports and queries. This includes developing technical requirements in partnership with Information Technology for needed databases, application/UI format and design, distribution processes and user guides.
Minimum 2 Years of financial analysis experience with a quantitative and qualitative background, preferably with a restaurant/retail company
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Math; MBA preferred
Experience in analyzing marketing key drivers, pricing/cost analytics, and loyalty programs preferred
Should be proficient in Python (statistics and machine learning)
Must be proficient in databases (PowerBI, Tableau, and SQL) and Microsoft Office including; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access. Knowledge of Oracle ERP systems and APT a plus.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
Strong analytical skills with the ability to accumulate, organize and assimilate large amounts of data from multiple data sources
Strong financial modeling skills (including statistical analysis) and the ability to turn data into insights
Experience modeling and managing marketing mix models, pricing analytics, promotional analysis, and marketing attribution (online vs. offline).
Experience with scripting languages such as Python, R, and SQL.
Experience with data visualization such PowerBI, and Tableau.
Team-oriented with ability to work on multiple projects and with multiple teams
Good communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate with multiple levels of the organization
Ability to be nimble and open to change
Curiosity and drive
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer