Common Securitization Solutions (CSS) is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join our team of talented professionals in Bethesda, MD.
Common Securitization Solutions (CSS) is a joint venture owned by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac representing the largest and most efficient securitization service in the world. Through the use of advanced technology, CSS created the Common Securitization Platform (CSP) which serves as the resilient engine for our securitization administration business activities. CSS is an indispensable business partner creating profound value for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by managing the issuance of their Uniform Mortgage Backed Security (UMBS) and complex REMIC securitization structures. CSS manages the disclosure process for new and ongoing securitization issuance, the deal modeling and analysis of complex securitization frameworks, bond administration activities and tax preparation and reporting.
Today CSS manages over 1 million securities backed by 27 million mortgage loans for approximately $5 trillion in outstanding principal balances. As an entrepreneurial, forward thinking enterprise, CSS brings together a confluence of industry leading talent and business science in a technology enabled, client focused team approach to create solutions that permit our clients to capitalize upon market opportunities, and/or address internal business, operations and technological challenges in an expeditious and effective manner.
CSS prides itself on its ability to attract industry leading talent from a variety of diverse business sectors including global capital markets, technology, business sciences, operations, risk and compliance, and finance. We work together as “one team” with an intense sense of community, innovation and creativity as we create and deliver value for our clients.
In this critical role, the Financial Analyst will provide key analytical and financial decision support to ensure the business achieves its company goals. The candidate will partner with and support multiple finance managers to provide key insight into financial performance of business areas and drive strategic business decisions that leads to sustainable performance.
Key Job Functions
- Provide key support in the development of the annual and 3-year financial plan as well as the monthly forecast.
- Work closely with finance managers and business partners to collect business inputs, align on forecast assumptions and communicate forecast output to senior leadership.
- Assist in development of management reporting to communicate business results to senior audiences which include Division Leadership, CSS Executive Committee and Board of Managers.
- Work with finance managers to analyze trends and variances, highlight risks and opportunities and influence business decisions and outcomes.
- Support monthly financial close activities to ensure the books are closed timely and accurately.
- Support business case development for key corporate initiatives and detailed reporting on project status and investment returns.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analyses and special projects, clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams.
- Help to establish and maintain consistent financial operating policies and procedures.
- Provide thought leadership to drive FP&A best practices and process improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- MBA Finance or MS in Business Analytics or similar degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in Financial Planning and Analysis supporting business or technology areas.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring employer sponsorship currently or in the future. CSS does not offer H-1B sponsorship for this position.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Highly analytical and detail oriented.
- Ability to synthesize data and offer unique perspective; think critically and effectively challenges others’ assumptions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex financial information in an easy-to-understand format.
- Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated financial modeling and analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience supporting Cloud Technologies and AWS a plus.
As a condition of employment with Common Securitization Solutions, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Common Securitization Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer