If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
As a direct report to the M&T Finance Manager, the M&T Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for the tracking of the Marketing and Technology global expenses, requiring specific knowledge of Flowserve accounting policies and systems. In addition, other responsibilities include analyzing the R&D project expenses on a global basis.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Specific responsibilities of the M&T Financial Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly operating reports for Marketing and Technology departments.
- Assist with forecasting and AOP process for Corporate Marketing and Technology departments.
- Conduct analysis of M&T expenses and interact with finance managers, department owners, and Presidents to report financial performance based on organizational responsibility/accountability.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare quarterly analytical review of Marketing and Technology spend and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Prepare other ad-hoc analysis and special projects, as requested
- Assist with Capital requests and maintain financial reports tracking overall M&T Capital spend
- Ability to work overtime
- Accounting or Finance Degree, MBA a plus
- Strong financial background with at least 1 year of progressive and relevant experience
- Detail-oriented and must possess or be willing to acquire strong knowledge of complex accounting areas and modeling
- Strong PC skills including Windows and Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Access, and knowledge of Oracle and SAP BPC software is required
Preferred Experience / Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with publicly traded company a plus
- Must be able to interact with operational and financial leadership