At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to play a key role on the Global Mile Exports (GME) Finance team. The GME business builds cross-border logistics and distribution capabilities globally to serve both B2C exports and also B2B inbound to FCs. This specific role will manage the business development finance support functions for the B2C exports business for North America.
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
- Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
- Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
- Ability to access and synthesize large data sets will be crucial for success in this role. Amazon finance teams work closely with their business partners, so any candidate should be able to work well with cross functional teams.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of finance experience, or master’s degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.