The Financial Analyst, FP&A will be a key player in the budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis of the Company’s annual and mid-term financial and strategic plans. Provides cross-functional support and collaboration across the Company to execute high quality deliverables in a timely manner and assists with building overall planning process improvements including SAP Business Planning and Consolidation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the development of annual and mid-term budgets and forecasts for submission and reporting to corporate management and external parent company.
- Develop and own monthly management reporting packages including plan-to-variance analysis for key performance indicators such as operating expenses, capital, and headcount.
- Assist with development of financial and operational performance metrics.
- Support other members of the FP&A team in analyzing cost trends and providing financial insights to business partners.
- Manage special finance and ad-hoc projects.
- Partner and support the development of automated processes including implementation of SAP Business Planning and Consolidation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders to continuously understand and identify areas of improvements for planning, reporting, and analysis.
- Proactively questions current practice and identifies root cause issues and process improvement opportunities.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other quantitative field.
- Three to Five years of overall experience, preferably in a corporate FP&A setting (manufacturing, customer service, R&D focus, made-to-order or aerospace industry a plus).
- Financial planning experience, including developing business and financial models (cost accounting experience a plus)
- Strong bias towards automation, systems and computer science
- CPA, and/or MBA (or other graduate degree) a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a deadline driven environment, executing high quality deliverables.
- Excellent independent problem solving, critical thinking, strategic thinking, and quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills as well as ability to influence and develop business relationships.
- Ability to understand/interpret complex data and communicate in a simple way across functional groups.
- Ability to perform relevant research in different accounting standards, predominantly US GAAP and IFRS.
- Understanding of internal controls, data integrity, and ability to identify risks.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced Excel knowledge including, but not limited to, pivot tables, v/h-lookups, netted functions, macros (Visual Basic is a plus).
- SAP project systems and SAP ECC and BPC are a plus.
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: Exempt) 01/07/13