Full Job Description
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Who we are:
Amazon Air Finance seeks to answer these questions with a thoughtful data-driven approach to controllership, leveraging resilience and curiosity in our pursuit to be “”the”” trusted finance advisor. We work with speed and purpose, partnering closely with Operations, HR, and many other dynamic teams to achieve the best results for all of our customers. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Amazon Air Finance is looking for a Financial Analyst to be a trusted finance partner. Experience with this team opens up amazing career opportunities across Amazon, such as senior roles supporting an impressive array of business areas, project management roles, and/or management opportunities locally, regionally, and globally.
This role will partner closely with a broad range of finance and business leaders in Operations, HR, Technology, and Retail, as well as with research scientists, technical product managers, and software developers in pursuit of an optimized business. This role will create and sustain performance measurements and reporting on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment. Regular collaboration with executives and various business units across Amazon will allow you the opportunity to exhibit your verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to improve and create new measures for business effectiveness, innovate creative solutions utilizing large scale data mining tools, and identify high priority work/projects to maximize results for key stakeholders.
- Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel functions to work with large data sets.
- Helps to produce various outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.