DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We’re doing it with the country’s first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network built from scratch, free of the limitations of the past. Our wireless teams are at the helm of a communications revolution, building a multi-brand wireless telco from the ground up and reinventing how Americans view their mobile carrier. And now, with our acquisition of Boost, we’re bringing nine million mobile customers along for our latest industry gate-crash. In our first year, we’re entering the postpaid market — with plans to eventually convert our businesses to run on our very own state-of-the-art network. We are poised to emerge as the nation’s fourth facilities-based wireless carrier and a disruptive force in the market at-large. Connecting people and things is only the first step. After that? Driverless cars, smart communities and the potential to power a connected world.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This Financial Analyst position directly reports up through the DISH Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) department with a dotted-line reporting structure to support the In-Home Services (IHS) line of business. IHS provides customers with DISH installation and service visits through our nationwide network of professional technicians. The IHS FP&A group is responsible for strategic financial planning, annual budgeting, monthly financial reporting and variance analysis, forecasting operational and financial performance metrics, and ad-hoc analyses related to cost-savings opportunities, capital expenditures, real estate development, and other corporate initiatives.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Presentation of results, analysis, recommendations to executive leadership
- Strategic Financial Planning: Develop and maintain annual budget model for business lines within the greater IHS organization, and develop complex financial and operational models to guide strategic decision-making
- Financial Analysis: Review financial performance of internal and external service providers; provide recommendations and support to corporate executives; perform ad-hoc analyses related to pricing decisions, cost-savings opportunities, capital expenditures, real estate development, and other corporate initiatives
- Forecasting: Build and maintain weekly and monthly forecasting models for key operational and financial performance metrics, including weekly and monthly KPI scorecards.
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
A successful Financial Analyst will have the following:
- MBA, MS-Finance, or Master’s in another quantitative field strongly preferred; or Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university plus 4+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint with some knowledge of database basics (e.g. Microsoft Access, SQL) helpful
- Well-developed oral and written presentation skills, with the ability to summarize complex concepts into understandable and easy-to-follow presentation materials
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts (statistics, probabilities, algebraic expressions, etc.)
- Ability to define problems, seek and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Experience with or ability to work in a fast paced, high throughput environment
- Excellent teamwork skills with ability to establish productive working relationships with other departments and personnel