Schneider has an immediate need for a process driven and detail oriented Financial Analyst. You will provide analysis on a broad spectrum of operational and financial concerns such as operational efficiencies, cost awareness and reduction opportunities, as well as policy and control-related issues. In addition to various analytical projects, you will contribute to the annual planning and budgeting process and will provide financial support to certain key functional areas to include Customer Service, Sales, Revenue Accounting, Risk Management, Field Operations, and Driver Pay.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide financial support to Senior Management, Controller, and departmental Directors
- Analyze operating procedures and policies on an on-going basis and recommend and implement improvement plans where appropriate.
- Analyze department expenditures for reasonableness, and recommend cost reduction plans where appropriate.
- Develop various decision support tools that can enhance the Divisions or Departments understanding of its cost structures and cost drivers.
- Analyze periodic results and prepare monthly report or narrative for executive decision making
- Actively participate as member of the team involved in ongoing financial responsibilities that support the organization to include: planning and budgeting, periodic reporting, financial liaison responsibilities, etc.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree required. Preferred areas of study: Business, Finance, Accounting. MBA a plus
- Two to five years practical work experience in related business / industry preferred
- A combination of financial operations, and/or analytical experiences to include experience in a multi-divisional corporation preferred
- Contemporary knowledge of automated financial systems, Oracle is a plus
- Strong PC skills, preferably Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Access
- Analytical skills with ability to interpret data, make recommendations and influence decision makers
- Professional work ethic self-starter with initiative, motivation and confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
Safety-first and always
Integrity in every action
Respect for all
Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.