Develop and compile financial data and conduct often complex analyses, reconciliations and projections in support of an academic, research or administrative unit. Prepare a full range of financially related reports. Areas of involvement may include costs studies, budget forecasts and pricing. May provide work direction to other financial and accounting personnel. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: campus financial personnel. This position typically will advise and counsel: campus financial personnel
- Define project scope based on general assignment.
- Develop and organize data required for projects; determine approach and develop project parameters.
- Perform or oversee required data entry, calculations, estimates, reconciliations, etc. consistent with project parameters.
- Prepare and present project results.
- Provide explanations of methodology employed as required.
- Remain current on financial reporting requirements, applicable regulations, processes, etc.
- May provide work direction to lower level financial personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Other Required Qualifications
Valid Georgia Driver’s License
Four years of job related experience
Additional Preferred Qualification
Professional certification in accounting or financial analysis Application of specialized skills within a university or government agency environment; ability to apply knowledge of regulations and reporting requirements specific to area of involvement
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master’s of Business Administration (MBA)
The key job responsibilities include:
- Reconciliation, project set up, and budgeting of Georgia Tech Foundation (GTF) projects
- Reconcile and balance purchase orders and requisition files from Workday to Costpoint
- Perform Foundational Data Model (FDM) checks to ensure accuracy of the project setup
- Set up Projects and Organizations in Costpoint
- Assist with month-end and fiscal year-end closing tasks (journal entry review/approval, exception report monitoring)
- Report maintenance and review (Audit Accounts report, Interdivisional exception reports)
- Monitor the Accounts. Ask email inbox
- Support Costpoint upgrades & future financial system implementations/upgrades
- Serve as backup to process daily integration files from Costpoint into Workday
- Assist with FAR travel audit of non-sponsored projects
- Serve as back up to the Asst. Director of Financial Operations
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Specialized skills required for this job: Application of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices; advanced financial analysis and forecasting techniques; use of specialized financial/accounting related software; project organization and management; communications and presentation skills
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.