Corporate Office, FL, Deerfield Beach, FL, US
Who we are:
IT’SUGAR was founded to create an environment that fosters the greatest feeling of happiness and humor; that allows you to smile and laugh out loud without judgement. Expanding rapidly, with over 100 locations nationwide, IT’SUGAR aspires to a future where everyone has access to the pure joy that comes from indulging in a world with fewer rules and more sugar.
There are three major things that differentiate IT’SUGAR from other candy retailers. One is the product – an unconventional twist on traditional candy store goods that focus on the humorous and outlandish. Second is the ambiance – full of bright colors, loud music, and lighthearted rebellion. Third is the people – passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
The Financial Analyst will be a high performer that will produce analysis and reporting to help drive operating performance and influence management decisions. This individual will support all aspects of the financial and operating performance of the company, including weekly and monthly business reporting, annual budgeting, P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecasting, and ad-hoc financial analysis. This role requires an individual with financial modeling experience, problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities. This individual must possess an attention to detail, constructive curiosity, strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Accurate and timely preparation of weekly/monthly reporting of results and business metrics with an understanding of the key drivers and the ability to articulate the results.
- Prepare monthly P&L and cash flow forecasts utilizing robust modeling and analyzing changes versus prior forecast, plan and prior year, as well as, highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Be a business partner for the management team and other departmental leads, providing ad-hoc financial analysis and related recommendations to support key financial and/or operational decisions.
- Support the long-range planning, annual budgeting and forecasting processes ensuring timely completion and utilization of accurate, reliable financial models.
- Prepare pro forma financials and return on investment analysis to evaluate potential capital investments, primarily related to store real estate expansion.
- Support preparation of month-end financial reporting packages (e.g. financial statement analysis), Board presentations, and Management Reports to the Parent Company.
Job Holder Requirements
- Strong attention to detail combined with the curiosity to understand the business results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and financial modeling skills using Microsoft Excel
- Articulate communication and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Understanding of the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow and the related basic accounting principles
- High-energy, positive attitude individual that can effectively manage ambiguity and change
Experience and Education
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in financial analysis or accounting, with retail experience a plus
Want to learn more about us?
Visit our website: www.itsugar.com
Visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/itsugar
Visit us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/itsugar