The Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing accurate, timely and insightful financial and operational analysis in addition to supporting the budgeting, forecasting and long-range financial planning processes. The position will play an integral role in the development of new reporting (both management & financial), financial modeling, forecasting models and planning models. S/he will also be involved in the implementation of a new Financial Planning and Reporting system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across functions to develop accurate assumptions and analytical inputs to budget/forecast
- Prepare and/or maintain reporting and financial analysis for Senior Management and key business stakeholders including explanations of variances to forecast, plan, and prior periods
- Publish regular cash management reporting and maintain a 13 week cash forecast model
- Identify, understand, analyze and provide insight into key performance metrics and recommend improvements accordingly based on financial and non-financial data
- Partner with key contacts across the business to understand critical expense drivers
- Support development of periodic presentations for both the Executive Team, including month end financial reporting, quarterly Board decks, etc.
- Partner with the accounting team to improve cost tracking accuracy to enhance forecasting, budgeting and analytical work products
- Provide decision support across the organization through capex review, returns analysis (ROI, DCF, etc.), business case development, cost benefit analyses and other analytical methods as needed.
- Support the annual planning / budgeting and monthly forecasting processes
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Emerging leader with a focus on career development and entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven ability to work across all functions and levels of the organization to improve financial results
- Prior exposure to Manufacturing / Costing concepts
- Ability to influence decisions and actions of others without reporting authority
- Prior involvement in budgeting / forecasting processes
- High level of acumen with planning / reporting systems
- Comfortable challenging business partners in a constructive way
- Demonstrated experience developing reporting / analytical tools that drive accountability to financial results through the organization
- Process focused, has a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to maintain focus, accuracy and composure during high-expectation / high-pressure situations
- Highly proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or related business field
- MBA strongly preferred
- Experience with Essbase a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in Finance / Accounting roles, experience in FP&A a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job including the ability to work in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environment is a typical climate-controlled cubicle office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.