Company Description MicroStrategy transforms organizations into intelligent enterprises through data-driven innovation. We match smart people to dynamic projects and technologies that truly challenge their talents. Curious and creative in outlook, our success is built on the talent and energy of smart and driven people. MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.
MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is the largest independent publicly-traded analytics and business intelligence company. The MicroStrategy analytics platform is consistently rated as the best in enterprise analytics and is used by many of the world’s most admired brands in the Fortune Global 500. We pursue two corporate strategies: (1) grow our enterprise analytics software business to promote our vision of Intelligence Everywhere and (2) acquire and hold bitcoin, which we view as a dependable store of value supported by a robust, public, open-source architecture untethered to sovereign monetary policy.
As a Financial Analyst on the FP&A team, you will be a trusted advisor to the business focused on reviewing organizational performance and communicating key insights to executives. This position will also help drive cross-departmental process improvements and transparency. The role reports to Manager of FP&A.
- Identify, analyze, and communicate key insights to shape the strategic agenda as part of the corporate business planning process
- Review financial and operational metrics to identify trends, highlight issues and derive action plans that result in profitable growth
- Actively participate in stakeholder meetings with the goal of understanding all major projects and initiatives planned to provide objective advice through a financial lens to improve business outcomes
- Develop comprehensive performance analysis of business operations, putting in place data models and analytics that provide a platform for strategic decision-making
- Perform business case rationalization for resource and investment planning (E.g. ROI analysis and variance analysis)
- Identify projects that require financial and/or strategic analysis
- Collaborate with other members of the Financial Planning & Analysis team to ensure investment decisions and business strategy are incorporated into the financial forecasts and budgets
Required Experience and Skills:
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 1-3 years of experience. MBA a plus.
- Experience providing business analysis for sales or service organizations including financial, sales, resource allocation and compensation analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and comfort analyzing large data sets
- Team-oriented aptitude; ability to work in a cross-functional environment and to accept multi-directional feedback
- Strong project management skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Highly organized, with focus on creating, implementing, and maintaining new processes
- SaaS/software or tech company experience
- Proficiency in MS Office products with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint emphasized
- Familiarity with business intelligence products (preferred) with foundational knowledge of relational database structure
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.