State / County
Anticipated start date Anticipated start date – day Anticipated start date – month Anticipated start date – year
June 1 2021
With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over $10 billion publicly traded company (NYSE: PCP) employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Located in Gardena, California, Permaswage, also known as Designed Metal Connections (DMC), is a leading manufacturing company of fluid fittings for the aerospace and commercial industries.
The Financial Analyst performs complex accounting functions related to financial processes, reporting, analysis, and interpretation and provides input to management and guidance to other Finance department personnel about these functions. This position reports to the Plant Controller.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Actively participate in month end closing process, generate monthly journal entries, and reconcile accounts.
- Analyze account variances on a timely basis to determine root cause and provide corrective action analysis.
- Assist with creating monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts of full P&L including quarterly financial packages.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Financial and ERP systems and the ability to data mine.
- Collaborates in the annual development of departmental budgets, and monthly budget reporting.
- Manage fixed assets including capitalizations, disposals, and monthly depreciation.
- Assist with SOX compliance and reporting.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement process improvements.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Experience & Education
- 1-4 years of experience in accounting, finance, or analytical support position
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- BA/S in Accounting or Finance
- CPA License, CMA License or MBA preferred
- Good working knowledge of accounting practices and financial reporting processes
- Excellent computer skills including a high degree of skill in Excel
- Demonstrated problem solving, quantitative analysis, and analytical abilities
- Ability to quickly understand concepts and think through possible solutions and implications
- Detail oriented with the ability to understand the “big picture”
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate business results and department needs across all levels of the organization
- Team player with a proactive, positive attitude, and a strong sense of self-motivations, accountability, and responsibility
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Knowledge of capital expenditure budgeting process
- Familiarity with manufacturing/processing environment preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.