Position Title: Financial Analyst
Position Reports to: Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Position Supervises: No Direct Reports
The Analyst job is to support in the development of the operating and financial plan required to achieve management’s strategic plan. This role will require extensive data reconciliation & consolidation, as well as variance analysis. It will also combine scenario and sensitivity analyses to forecast possible outcomes and use theoretical information to create key metrics for monitoring. The Analyst will assist in forecasting operational and profitability performance and providing targets for key performance indicators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform quantitative analysis of operational and financial data.
- Prepares financial analysis reports for internal use at the company by collecting, analyzing, formatting and presenting information
- Analyze trends of key performance indicators, especially relating to financial metrics such as production, expenditures and profit margin.
- Monitor key performance indicators and identify the cause of any unexpected variances.
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast.
- Develop financial models and analyze them to support strategic initiatives.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position may work from any branch office in our footprint, expectation to drive to Defiance or Youngstown for meetings, etc. as needed.
Education, Certification, License and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
- Experience preferred in Axiom software
- Minimum five years of experience in finance or accounting, preferably in an FP&A role
Skills and Knowledge:
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Responsible for knowing and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies that include but are not limited to Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable anti-money-laundering rules, Right to Financial Privacy, Fair Lending, Community Reinvestment Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and other laws and regulations as they pertain to the position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear, stand or sit for long periods of time, open filing cabinets, walk, stoop or bend, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and complete tasks requiring manual dexterity. Ability to drive a vehicle for travel is required for the position.
Premier Financial Corp is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other legally protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and the qualifications of the person assigned to it. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. Employment is “at will” and may be terminated at any time.