Are you ready to take the next step in your Finance career? Consider the Financial Analyst, Senior role supporting the Health Services Division within UPP Finance!
In this role, you will conduct and document complex financial analysis projects. You will also provide functional advice or training to less experienced financial analysts.
This is a great position for passionate candidates who are enthusiastic about using their finance leadership skills to make a difference in the world of health care. The ideal candidate would have strong interpersonal and technical skills. Apply today!
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusion that is charged with executing leading-edge and next-generation diversity strategies to advance the organization’s diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resource Groups, such as Women Inspiring Talent in Heath Care in Finance (WITH) or PRIDE Health, that support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
- Record, classify, and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop financial reports for forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
- Perform complex statistical, cost, and financial analysis of data reported.
- Act as a mentor for Financial Analysts or administrative staff.
- Analyze complex financial data and extract and define relevant information; interpret data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a financial probability.
- Interpret financial transactions and events for users who must make economic or business decisions.
- Plan and conduct complex studies to determine cost of business activities. Recommend budget adjustments, and other cost improvement measures.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related business field required.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience required.
OR High School Diploma/GED and five years of related work experience.
- CPA/MBA preferred.
- Microsoft office with emphasis on spreadsheet application required and PeopleSoft General Ledger proficiency preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran