Conducts financial analysis of the enterprise’s financial performance and produces balance sheet and income forecasting information in support of an effective strategic finance function. Produces financial reports in one or more area of the bank. May analyze trends and make recommendations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts ad hoc financial analyses to aid senior management in the decision making process impacting both the short and long term financial stability of the company.
- Participates in the development and formulation of analyses that forecast the cost effectiveness of new products and policy changes that affect the financial condition of the Bank.
- Generates forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance or other related areas of interest. Researches and analyzes rates of return, depreciation, investments and other financial indicators and provides findings to management.
- Participates in performing specialized financial or planning functions such as reporting, budgeting and analysis. Prepares, maintains, analyzes and reports on organizational, business unit or departmental budgets as requested.
- Conducts analyses and determines various input assumptions for financial forecasts, including loan and deposit portfolio analytics, non-interest income, and non-interest expense.
- Works with business units to create financial models designed to continue the company’s transformation to an assumption based budgeting/forecasting process. Supports the transition to an assumption based budgeting/forecasting model.
- May cross train with others within Finance, as appropriate.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field. Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree is preferred and may be used in lieu of two years of the experience requirement.
- Minimum Experience: Three years of financial analysis experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of data management and report generation.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers on various levels.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of enterprise planning systems and relationship pricing models.