Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
When you rely on airlines to connect you in flight, you rely on Thales. In an increasingly fast paced world, we make the unpredictable, predictable by connecting and entertain passengers to make your life better. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to passengers and airlines. Whatever it takes.
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst to join Thales in Irvine, CA. The Financial Analyst acts as a Finance Business Partner to the Program Management, Finance and Executive Management Teams, with primary responsibility for all financial planning and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, project tracking, completing periodic reporting and providing insightful analysis and strategic financial support to the organization.
This role is based in Irvine CA. The scope of the job includes working directly with internal customers/partners as well as subsidiaries, suppliers, auditors, the Country Office and the Corporate organization as needed.
- In conjunction with project teams, leading the monthly project review cycle, reviewing project financial performance, risks & opportunities, measuring and tracking spend against project deliverables and scope
- Partnering with internal customers and all key stakeholders to ensure robust financials and operational governance from project set up through to project delivery
- Improving project financial performance by evaluating and improving financial processes
- Managing all project month-end close activities, ensuring timely and accurate reporting and providing insightful variance analysis and commentary
- Supporting development of quarterly forecast and annual operating and strategic plans
- Preparing project financial baselines – from initial budgets to re-forecasting and scenario analysis
- Ensuring all costs against programs and departments are properly recorded, reconciled and analyzed
- Coordinating with the Program Management organization as well as Finance & Accounting teams to ensure that revenue recognition is in accordance with all accounting standards and contractual terms
- Evaluating and assessing program contingencies and program efficiency metrics, reviewing trends and providing forward looking analysis
- Accountable for ensuring all program financials are consistent with all internal policies & procedures
- Supporting external auditors’ reviews and ensures that full documentation and account reconciliations, including but not limited to, program estimates at completion, are provided in a timely manner
- Infrequent travel may be required, but is currently anticipated to be less than 5% annually
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field of study with a minimum of 4+ years of relevant accounting or finance experience or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field of study with 2+ years of relevant accounting or finance experience
- Financial analysis and financial modeling experience, budgeting, forecasting, and planning
- Experience managing budgets, conducting in-depth financial analysis and submitting recommendations for consideration
- Experience with principles of revenue and cost recognition and deferral, and financial statements
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office), including advanced Microsoft Excel
- IFRS knowledge and experience highly desirable
- MBA desirable
- Financial Systems (i.e. SAP, Primavera, BPC) experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and to assume a lead role within specific areas of responsibility
- Excellent judgment, planning and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented, reliable
- Ability to receive general instructions on what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines, and priority of assignments from Team Leader
- Uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instruction but receives additional specific instructions from Team Leader for new, difficult, or special projects/assignments
Are you ready to be part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check. Qualified candidates with (a) criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.