We are a rental housing company dedicated to providing an exceptional rental experience to every resident who makes one of our houses or apartments their home. We believe that quality rental housing can unlock life’s potential, and this drives our thinking and our actions every day.
Founded in 1988 and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: TCN), Tricon owns over 30,000 single-family and multi-family rental homes across the United States and Canada, which we manage using an integrated technology-enabled operating platform. We are headquartered in Toronto, Ontario and have significant operations in Orange County, California, as well as approximately 20 other markets with a primary focus in the U.S. Sun Belt.
We strive to be North America’s premier rental housing company. Our business philosophy involves taking care of our team first – empowering them to provide our residents with exceptional service and to positively impact the local communities where we operate. By providing an enhanced living experience, our residents rent for longer periods of time, treat our properties like their own, and share their experience with friends and family. This is how we continue to grow, and it is an approach that has proven to generate positive returns for our investors and shareholders.
The successful Financial Analyst candidate will be responsible for using financial and operational data to u201cconnect-the-dotsu201d for key stakeholders within the firm to produce portfolio insights for Tricon Residential’s rental housing platform. The growing portfolio consists of single-family and multi-family rental properties located in both the US and Toronto. The right candidate will be a self-starter that is advanced in excel, intellectually curious and proficient at synthesizing complex data. The candidate will also work effectively with various groups within the firm to forecast and advise on the portfolio, including supporting in the annual budget process.
- Prepare and analyze financial and operational reports at all levels of the organization, including: actuals and forecasts
- Identify trends and recommend actions to company stakeholders supported by detailed analyses
- Present operational and economic models to support strategic initiatives
- Support, analyze, and assist in the preparation and review of the company’s annual operating budget
- Perform detailed support and analysis of the company’s departmental budgets
- Develop presentations to help summarize outputs in a comprehensive and easy-to-understand format
- Assist in the continued development of budgeting, financial and operational forecasting, and modeling tools
- Participate in special projects and perform other tasks as assigned
- Adept at ingesting and synthesizing complex data using excel and other BI tools to create simple outputs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields. MBA, CFA or graduate degree is a plus
- 2-3 years of successful experience in a Financial Analyst position
- Experience in FP&A and data analysis
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Yardi and Real Estate industry / terminology is a major plus
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and problem solving skills
- Proven team player with the ability to guide and influence cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills