National Biological Corporation is a leading manufacturer of dermatological medical devices. Founded in 1967, we produce and sell phototherapy equipment, which treats skin conditions like psoriasis and vitiligo. Our clinical units are used by major hospitals such as the Mayo Clinic and the Cleveland Clinic. Our home devices have been prescribed by a majority of dermatologists in the U.S. Read about how we are helping patients achieve better outcomes while spending less in Yahoo Finance: https://yhoo.it/2qGZfDy
NBC is a subsidiary of Madison Industries. Madison Industries is one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value.
Senior leader and core member of the management team. Partner with the President and leadership team to drive operational and financial performance within the business. Manage a team to provide essential accounting and finance activities. Responsible for all aspects of cash management, financial management, reporting and risk management.
Key Financial Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and analyze drivers of business performance and consistently develop and implement ongoing measures to improve performance
-Product line and customer/channel profitability
-Raw material costing
-Overhead / G&A spending
-Working capital efficiency
- Proactive Financial analysis and decision support for a wide array of activities
-Growth initiatives, plans and investments
-Integration / consolidation of activities, functions, etc.
-Supply chain activities
-Quality improvement initiatives
- Significant Process Improvement focus
-Methodical elimination of waste, non-value adding, repetitive and duplicative work
-Mechanization data gathering and reporting systems
-Ensuring that work is done only once
-Simplifying reporting processes
-Complete transformation, simplification and streamlining of Financial Management and Reporting Systems
- Assist the Marketing and Sales team in pricing decisions and in analysis to support price actions
- Lead forecasting & budgeting processes
- Ensure that all licenses, state registrations, regulatory filings, and Sales tax are always maintained and kept current
- Provide real-time analysis of results
-Big picture / macro trends in the businesses
-Granular analysis of factors driving performance
-Analysis to anticipate potential problems rather than report on them after the fact
- Translate analysis of performance and results into concrete, actionable responses
- Identify, monitor and communicate risks in the overall business
- Promote deeper understanding of cash flow objectives and how to operationalize them to improve performance
- Drive cost reduction culture and specific cost reduction projects and activities
- Responsible for the interface and the management of the relationship with NBC’s ERP and outside IT infrastructure providers and ensuring that all IT and IT infrastructure projects are managed properly and on a timely basis.
- Depending on experience, the candidate may also have HR responsibilities.
- An individual of strong values and the highest level of integrity. Never compromises or risks reputation
- An approachable and likeable personality, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Information Technology background
- Demonstrated capability to lead change and generate process improvements leading to greater effectiveness and efficiency
- Relishes working with limited direction and oversight. Can understand the goal and figure out how to achieve it on their own
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with the ability to effectively use tracking and project management tools to ensure meeting all critical deadlines in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated ability to successfully operate in a “hands on environment”
- A leader, who leads by example, with the energy and ability to work effectively across the entire organization
- Confident and self-aware with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. A high impact presence—capable of quickly establishing credibility, influencing constituencies and persuading professionals at all levels.
- Intelligent, with excellent analytical and strategic skills. Good business judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong results orientation and a tireless work ethic with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated track-record of success in leading and developing teams.
Experiences / Qualifications
- Accounting / finance degree, a CPA plus
- MBA a plus
- Experience in similar roles
- Experience in division controllership of a public or large private company
- Very strong financial modeling experience (high level EXCEL user)
- Experience with consolidation software such as Hyperion or Host
- Background in manufacturing preferred
- Solid and detail understanding of ERP systems, inventory flow and cost accounting systems
- Operational / divisional / segment financial roles and experiences over “corporate” functional financial roles
- Experience in a regulated industry a plus