Financial Lead Analyst – FIN001170
Come Join US Cellular— Located right off the blue line in Chicago/ Rosemont, US Cellular offers a dynamic workplace, competitive salaries including bonuses, a very casual atmosphere and lucrative benefits including a 401K AND pension. There’s a reason the Chicago Tribune has voted US Cellular as a “Chicago Top Employer” 5 years in a row. Work life balance is paramount here and embracing diversity and inclusion is part of our DNA. Our core values, entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature empower our associates to do remarkable things.
The Financial Lead Analyst may lead the creation of the expense quarterly forecasts and annual budget. Under minimal direct supervision conduct and detail complex financial analysis, technical analysis, and monthly variance analysis to resolve present and future financial performance of the company. Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to supply to company objectives and principles. This opportunity is for a premier professional who anticipates and independently resolves financial issues by taking ownership to achieve results. As such, the individual will help identify plans that are both strategic and tactical to ensure the Company controls costs and promotes efficient spending. This role requires an individual that can influence without direct authority and anticipate and resolve complex issues and questions.
Forecasting / Budgeting
Lead planning processes, develop and communicate assumptions, coordinate budget preparation, challenge submissions and seek alliances upon consolidation.
Provide reasoned advice on financial modeling, planning, and forecasting which may impact U.S. Cellular’s strategic direction.
Ensure effective, consistent, and accurate planning and forecasting processes within assigned areas.
Demonstrate financial and non-financial key metrics and performance indicators in interpreting trends from financial reports.
Create proposals for new transactions or ways of doing business based upon a sound business understanding and detailed analysis.
Interpret financial reports and results, identify and evaluate risks and opportunities, and drive appropriate mitigation where necessary.
Apply common quantitative techniques to model the economic, fiscal and financial impact of business unit, operational, or financial activities.
Provide analysis to support decision-making, including communicating outcomes and identifying the key value drivers, benefits, sensitivities and risks, and financial and accounting implications.
Review variance analyses and account reconciliations and identify significant items.
- Ensure timely completion of financial reporting requirements.
- Develop enterprise-wide reporting for management, project or performance reporting, and implement processes to deliver financial information according to the reporting cycle.
- Assist FP&A leadership in preparing action plans for identified areas of improvement
- Own and drive the use of key performance indicators (KPIs) and accurate, timely and forward-looking analyses.
Understand and identify business drivers of financial performance, and develop insights to make business recommendations for achieving financial targets.
- Develop comprehensive and advanced budgeting and forecasting models and estimates, including monthly and annual P&L and cash flow projections, and progress against targets
- Prepare accurate and timely internal management reports and analyses to inform business decisions and share financial information with management.
- Provide advanced and relevant analysis on the drivers of expense and provide consulting on courses of action to ensure efficient expense control.
- Perform cost analyses, prepare budget reports and evaluate current financial trends.
- Create, test, distribute and track financial models and reports.
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function.
- Assess project financial status in evaluating business case plan
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related discipline.
- Ability to analyze, consolidate, interpret, and communicate financial data and results.
- Ability to prepare, and present financial data and variance explanations to stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively build and manage relationships with stakeholders, in in pursuit of strategic objectives.
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting, methods policies and procedures.
- Proficient in applying resolutions tactics and technical knowledge/expertise to identify and resolve business and financial issues.
- MBA or Master’s degree.
- Five (5) or more years progressively responsible related work experience.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.