This job is part of the Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) and is designed to accelerate development of highly skilled individuals who have the potential to excel in the finance organization. This job will rotate into various roles to immerse participants in strategic and operational priorities across the finance organization and possibly into collaborating business units.
Job duties will be specific to the rotational role filled at each step through the program. In general, rotational roles will be held across the organization, with an emphasis on building leadership skills and developing a robust understanding of how the company and its lines of business achieve its financial performance targets. Rotational roles may include short and long-duration assignments, with an emphasis on skill and knowledge development specific to the individual and consistent with business needs.
Building upon a solid foundation in Accounting and/or Finance, program members will be placed in individual contributor and team leadership roles. As a participant in the program, certain requirements may be placed on program participants related to role change flexibility to ensure that business needs are met and that participants are provided with a diverse set of experience across the company. The rotation selection and placement follows a collaborative approach to ensure the maximization of current and potential skill sets to meet growing business demands. Participant’s development and progress in the program is expected to be steady and progressive, with evidence of strong initiative, learning agility, and team leadership skills. Anticipated participation in the program is approximately four (4) years, but will vary depending on the skill set and experience of the individual participant upon entering the program and their skill development as a participant.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop a robust understanding of the company’s products and services, how we achieve our financial objectives, and how team leadership and influencing skills as a finance leader are critical to the success of the organization.
- Perform financial analysis and/or accounting duties as an individual contributor and/or team leader, ensuring that work product is timely and accurate, the work is performed in a manner that minimizes manual processes and is delivered with a customer focus.
- Lead short and medium-term duration projects, building an action oriented skill set that enables successful project delivery and confidence from project team members and matrix partners.
- Serve as a leader of teams, ensuring that people, processes and technology are aligned towards the achievement of team objectives. As a team leader, understand that success of the team is the result of the entire team’s output and that the program participant is evaluated in the context of individual results along with the sustained results of the team.
- Develop a long-term professional development orientation, building personal skills and those of direct reports and matrix partners. Be open to professional development feedback, understand that program participation success is the result of the full body of work and skill development, orienting the participant towards selection for higher level financial leadership positions upon completion of the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree- Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years’ finance-division work experience in higher level, strategic type roles, or 3+ years’ managing projects in an advisory or consultant role
- 2-3 years’ of public accounting experience
- 1-2 years’ internal controls/compliance experience
- Health insurance experience or health provider/hospital experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Client focused with strong business acumen
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities