Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for analyzing data and providing new processes, system enhancements and technical solutions to complex business issues. Leads and coaches’ staff. Manages workflow and oversees day-to-day department responsibilities. May conduct operational meetings with staff. Assists management in establishing work goals. Prepares management reports and may do budget variance.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and executes complex data analysis.
- Develops strategic report applications from Finance systems.
- Writes queries and macros to enhance access databases and builds new databases in support of accurate balance sheet/P&L reporting.
- Provides decision support and procedural input to ensure that processing efficiency does not compromise internal control mechanisms.
- Interfaces with IT as needed and documents and tracks any needed system enhancements with IT management.
- Documents and responds to any external audit requests.
- Assists in the implementation of software releases within the Finance organization.
- Ensures proper conversion or shutdown of legacy systems by developing and documenting enterprise solutions for a successful transition to core processing systems.
- Has technical and operational expertise.
- Can commit department to deliverables on own initiative. Uses discretion in making independent decisions.
- BA/BS in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a finance/health insurance field capacity and experience with relational databases and mainframe and client-server report writers; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Project management experience required.
- MBA, CPA, CMA, CFA or applicable professional designation preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions