Full Job Description
Financial activities include but are not limited to timely and accurate completion of daily invoicing and data analysis including data mining, duplicate checking, reporting, workpaper reconciliation, and quality control checks of vast amounts of completion data from multiple sources. This position will perform monthly accounting close functions, AR collections and correspondence with clients, and special projects as needed. This role will also work collaboratively with others in the Controller’s Group and other business leaders to enhance efficiency and effectiveness through a focus on continuous process improvement and advanced technological solutions.
What You Will Do
- Timely invoice creation and billing including data mining from multiple database sources to identify completion data
- Verifying completion data and invoices with the Operations teams to ensure pricing is correct, must determine if discount is required and determine the amount of discount given with consideration of client contracts.
- Reconciling completion data to the Unbilled Revenue & Deferred Revenue to ensure data matches and to avoid duplication; will also analyze and update Invoicing work paper reconciliations to determine if data is complete.
- Assist with AR Collections and client resolution of outstanding A/R invoicing issues
- Help to maintain processes, policies, and procedures over SFR finance and accounting related responsibilities to ensure robust and efficient workflows and controls that help to support the overall organization and to drive efficiencies, including through implementation of advanced technology.
- Verifying accurate setup of client contract products and pricing. Comparing Completion Data to contracts to determine whether any potential revenue is missing.
- Accurate data & invoice uploads to the Oracle Accounting System
- Other reporting, projects and responsibilities as needed.
Who Are We Looking For
- Strong working knowledge of Outlook and Excel including Vlookups, Pivot Tables, Macros, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Accounting and Finance terms and functions
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and controls (knowledge of system implementations and accounting systems such as Oracle Cloud Financials
- Knowledge of Single Family Rental operational terms and functions is a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to adapt and re-prioritize workload when rush invoicing requests are received
- Strong, effective communication skills with co-workers, supervisors, operational teams, and clients
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to independently make decisions to accomplish a certain task
- Ability to convey ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications.
- Analytical and technical skills as relates to accounting, finance, and internal controls are critical to success.
- Ability to work under continual deadline constraints and handle multiple projects at once.
- Solid organizational, decision-making, and problem solving skills. The availability to work some yearend weekends and work outside the normal scheduled work hours as needed.
Other Position Parameters
Team-oriented, with the highest commitment to ethics, integrity, and excellence.
CPA/”Big 4″ Public Accounting background a plus.
Prior Work Experience
Technical: 1 – 3 years
Education and Credentials
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, Concentration in Finance or Accounting or related field
Why Work With Us:
- Competitive Compensation: anticipated from $46,000 to $67,200 based on skills and experience. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program
- Our Company Makes an Impact. We’ve been recognized by multiple organizations like, being included on Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, being honored as a Tech 100 by HousingWire, pledging to PwC’s CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion commitment, and receiving the Diversity and Inclusion Residential Leadership Award from the MBA.
- Rest and Relaxation. Generous time off starting day one, 9 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday in support of our DEI culture.
- Health Benefits. Multiple medical plan choices, including HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for your Future. 401(k) with a top of market company match (did we mention the company match is immediately vested?!)
- Paid Parental Leave. An opportunity for all new parents to embrace this exciting change.
- Employee Assistance and Discount Programs. From helping you navigate the healthcare system, to providing resources and assistance to parents and caregivers of children with development disabilities, to scoring discounts with thousands of retailers.
- Pet Insurance. To help protect our furry family members.
Radian is helping to ensure the American dream of homeownership in even bigger and better ways with industry-leading mortgage insurance and a comprehensive suite of mortgage, risk, real estate, and title services.
We are powered by technology, informed by data and driven to deliver new levels of service and innovation to our customers across the residential mortgage and real estate spectrum.
Learn more about Radian at Radian.com