Full Job Description
The Global Reporting Analyst position within Sonoco’s Corporate Accounting team is a unique role that works closely with all levels of the organization. Responsibilities include: preparing global financial reports for Management/Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and SEC Filings, analyzing various corporate activities, leading process improvement projects, general ledger transactions, implementing new accounting standards, and many other important items. You will be utilized as a strong independent thinker and expert in the accounting and finance organizations.
This position can be based out of our satellite office in Charlotte, NC, with travel as needed to our Corporate headquarters in Hartsville, SC (Month-end, quarter-end, yearly close, etc.)
- Performing and /or reviewing analyses of corporate accruals and related expenses (e.g. defined benefit plans, derivatives, revenue recognition, share-based compensation, et al.)
- Preparing consolidated financial statements and SEC filings
- Researching accounting/reporting issues and developing support for selected accounting treatments
- Providing support to division finance staff on accounting issues
- Preparing internal reports and analyses of business operating results for executive audience
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting/Finance; MBA/MAcc preferred
- CPA eligible (achieving this designation will be critical for advancement)
- 3+ years of experience in a medium to large public accounting firm preparing/auditing financial statements, or within a medium to large company’s consolidation/reporting team. SEC experience is a plus, not required
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented and task driven
- Strong analytical skills
- Process improvement/efficiency minded
- This is a progression position and could be a level I, II, or III. Compensation and progression level will be based on candidate’s experience and education, and current business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.