Full Job Description
This role requires utilizing financial applications (Oracle general ledger, Enterprise Financial Data Warehouse (EFDW), Smartview, GAAP Supplementals) to generate investment data and oversee the completion and review of all aspects of the team’s processes and deliverables including, but not limited to,
- GAAP investment disclosures (footnotes and XBRL tagging, MD&A, QFS) for SEC filings (Form 10-Q and 10-K)
- eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tags for interactive financial statement data for SEC filings
- Investment data for Investor Relations (earnings teleconference call materials)
- Investment portfolio analysis for business partners and Senior Management
- Information requests from the Chief Investment Officer Organization, Enterprise Risk Management and various other business partners (standard, ad-hoc)
- Coordination with control partners and external auditors during review processes
- Implementation of new investment related accounting guidance
- Identification and implementation of process enhancements and efficiencies
How you’ll bring your impact:
You will play a key role in ensuring the control, integrity and efficiency of financial reporting for the investment portfolio of Prudential and its subsidiaries:
- You will develop a solid understanding of the numbers and the why behind them.
- You will connect the dots across a wide-range of deliverables and know the interdependencies.
- You will be an effective collaborator to accomplish shared objectives with other business partners.
- You will lead and mentor junior team members (primarily offshore).
- You will ask how it can be done “better, bolder, faster” in order to identify and implement enhancements and efficiencies.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years relevant work experience in an accounting/financial reporting role
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an ability to apply good judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of associates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word and Excel)
- Experience with financial reporting applications (Oracle BI, Essbase)
- Knowledge of technical accounting principles and GAAP reporting requirements
- Flexibility to work overtime as required during peak reporting cycles (primarily January-April, May, July, October)
What’s nice to have:
- Advanced degree or designation (MBA, CPA) or pursuit towards
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of investment products
Experience with eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email email@example.com to request assistance.