MISSION AND CULTURE OF PRUDENTIAL
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together to create a better future for our customers and our communities around the globe. As one of the most recognizable financial services companies in the world, our employees are building on our 140+ years history of financial strength with a focus on innovation and transformation to meet tomorrow’s most complicated challenges. We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. This includes providing talent mobility across the organization, as well as supporting continuous education through tuition reimbursement, in-house review courses and company sponsored training. We see our business success as a direct result of our talent. We are renowned for our diverse culture and our continued efforts to give back to the communities where we live and work.
FINANCE OPPORTUNITY IN PGIM
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is a multi-manager that delivers industry-leading strategies and solutions to clients. With offices located in 16 countries across five continents, PGIM is among the top 10 largest asset managers in the world with $1.5 trillion in assets under management. Each business maintains its own investment process and culture, allowing for a singular focus on delivering investment returns for clients. The PGIM businesses offer investors a wide range of investment strategies across asset classes and geographies, including public equities, public and private fixed income, commercial mortgages and real estate.
The PGIM Controllership team currently has an opening for Financial Reporting Specialist supporting the global businesses of PGIM. Your role in this team will support senior management and other business partners across the globe. You will support the various international finance teams in optimizing efficiency and automation as well as leveraging the enterprise capabilities. You will also partner with the Controllership team in measuring and evaluating the financial performance of the business by providing timely, accurate financial reports and insightful analysis of business drivers behind the results, while maintaining appropriate internal controls.
- Support the financial reporting process in different time zones
- Liaise between the regions and ledger support on Oracle and access issues
- Collaborate with the finance teams on reporting submissions and close tasks
- Provide insightful and impactful analytics of the financial results to various audiences, including senior management
- Develop and support internal control standards to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and/or other external accounting policies and standards
- Respond to, and coordinate, annual audit requests and provide well supported material
- Lead and manage special projects as assigned, as well as propose and drive process enhancements and automation
- Review policies and procedures and ensure consistency across the regions
- Specific responsibilities for the position will vary over time based on business needs and other factors.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA, CFA or MBA a plus)
- 3 – 5 years of financial reporting and analysis experience
- Proven ability to analyze data and the underlying drivers of financial results
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities under challenging time frames
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaborative and partnering skills
- Highly motivated, proactive, detail oriented
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills. Ability to work with Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Prudential Financial systems a plus (Oracle, Oracle BI, Essbase/Smartview, & other financial statement applications)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods
- Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.