At Disney Financial Systems, you’ll team with the best in the business to create and build in one of the most innovative teams in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of The Walt Disney Company, the forward-thinkers at Financial Systems constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help The Walt Disney Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
The role will support the WDPR PTC (Plan To Consolidate) – SAP processes, Master Data set-up, Interfaces, Journal Entry, Account Reconciliation Tool, Standard Labor Rates, month/quarter/year-end activities. This role requires a basic understanding of accounting, master data set-up and will partner with internal clients to develop and execute best-practice solutions for the global organization. The role will participate in the SAP major and minor release testing and implementation of system break fixes, enhancements, projects, and other system changes.
Additionally, the role will support the Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney Front of the House systems. The position will play a key role in sustaining existing processes, reporting issues and introduction of new technologies. Additional responsibilities include working with finance partners for approval, performing testing efforts to validate financial and functional requirements, and working with IT and business partners to ensure that critical financial needs are covered. This will include supporting change management efforts through testing, documentation, and training.
This position reports to a Finance Manager in Financial Systems and will support the DCL systems & the PTC process for DPEP.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with financial or accounting, preferably in a large SAP installation
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Basic understanding of financial systems processes and enhancements
- 2 or more years of demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills in inventory accounting and supply chain systems and processes
- Understanding of governance request processing and controls for SAP and other related Finance systems
- Experience providing day-to-day financial system transactional and end- user support and maintenance to ensure the proper functioning of the assigned applications and financial process areas.
- Experience researching and analyzing information to govern, correct issues with, and improve financial processes/systems.
- Experience in the design, evaluation, testing and implementation of system break fixes, enhancements, projects, and other system changes.
- Experience testing system enhancements and modifications to ensure the code change does not impact the integrity of the system’s functionality or its data.
- Experience supporting the governance and monitoring of finance system compliance in accordance with company policies, standards and SOX requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to drive assigned tasks to completion within service level agreement (SLA) parameters, while achieving desired results
- Ability to work under close direction and supervision on assigned priorities and projects
- Experience participating in medium/small process or system projects
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, making technical subjects easy to understand
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Prior auditing experience
- Experience developing and delivering end user training
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Manager, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business, MIS, or a related field
Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MAC, MBA, MIS)