Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
The position is within Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) an institutional asset management firm.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM): Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of clients worldwide: institutions, financial advisors, and individuals. Wells Capital Management is a registered investment advisor and a dedicated institutional asset manager within the WFAM umbrella. Their mission is to deliver superior investment service to our institutional clients globally.
Wells Fargo recently announced the sale of Wells Fargo Asset Management to GTCR LLC and Reverence Capital Partners, L.P.. The sale is expected to close in the second half of 2021. We are continuing to recruit for open positions supporting Asset Management but want to ensure you are aware that when the sale closes this position will be transferred to the new company. If you begin working at Wells Fargo, you should expect to transfer with the sale to the new company, with similar employment terms and conditions following your Wells Fargo start date.
Wells Fargo Asset Management’s Global Fixed Income team is seeking a Product Specialist to support our Fixed Income Multi Sector Plus investment team.
Product Specialists serve as the primary investment contact on accounts in addition to the proxy for portfolio managers with clients. Each product specialist provides clients, prospects, and consultants with ongoing updates regarding the investment philosophy, process, and performance of specific products. Each has a key role in new business efforts (e.g., final presentations, consultant meetings). They may assist in and/or be responsible for developing new products. Also, they may act as the lead contact on key accounts. All are expected to participate in investment strategy meetings with portfolio managers.
Individual should be able to clearly articulate strategies, both verbally and in writing, anticipating questions and thinking quickly on their feet. Applicant should enjoy working collaboratively across the organization in a team environment, focusing on specific, ambitious goals and demonstrate a sense of accountability and urgency in achieving results. This role will focus on both institutional and intermediary accounts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help manage the team’s new business efforts, providing input and coordination to investment team, sales and consultant representatives, and relationship managers who support the team across institutional and Funds/retail distribution channels
- Help prepare and participate in finals presentations, consultant meetings, etc.
- Provide clients, prospects, and consultants with ongoing updates regarding the investment philosophy, process, and performance of portfolios
- Participate in investment strategy meetings with investment team
- Develop expert level product knowledge with ability to clearly articulate and market portfolio strategies to clients and prospects
- Develop and deliver high impact presentation decks for various Multi Sector Plus products
- Manage RFP process for Multi Sector Plus team and write quarterly/monthly commentaries for respective strategies
- Coordinate development of thought leadership pieces and other client materials
This position reports to the Head of Fixed Income Portfolio Specialists, will work closely with our senior fixed income portfolio specialists and will be located in Menomonee Falls, WI.
- 1+ year of investment management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- BA/BS or equivalent with an emphasis in finance or quantitative/analytical field (CFA/MBA Preferred)
- 3-5+ years of financial services experience
- Successful experience in fixed income and bond markets
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leveraging multimedia tools to crystallize investment views and opinions for diverse audiences including creating PowerPoint presentations, charts and graphs for investment clients
- Strong quantitative skills across a variety of data management systems
- Solid understanding of investment products, operations, and servicing requirements
- Experience in communicating with institutional investors, consultants and/or internal sales
- Familiarity or proficiency in use of Bloomberg, Charles River and/or Factset
- Understanding of investments or client portfolio reporting
- Strong independent thinking skills, demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrate outstanding flexibility, communication, teamwork and leadership across all levels of WellsCap and its affiliates
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
WI-Menomonee Falls: Min: $67,500 Mid: $95,000
WI-Menomonee Falls: 100 Heritage Reserve – Menomonee Falls, WI